Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

slow computer

• Please log in to reply

niksrule

niksrule

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
my computer has been abnormally slow lately .. i ran mcafee anti virus and spybot search and destroy and removed all errors. but it didnt seem to help much .. i also turned off all startup items in "msconfig" nothing seems to work i really dont know what the problem is and i am college student who needs his computer for school puroses and also surfing the internet lol. .... i have a dell inspiron 1100 laptop running windows xp ... please help ... any other information needed just let me know.

Advertisements

niksrule

niksrule

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
i think the biggest problem is opening new programs and swtiching between open programs ... like if im on aim and click over to my internet explorer window it takes like 4 mintues to load a window that was already open before and not even minimized. i used to to use mozilla firefox but recently that has just been shutting down while im using it without any warning ... if i hit alt and tab to change windows or to go between progams its as if my computer freezes for a few minutes before very slowly changing programs .. just thought id add a little more detial .. thank you in advance for all your help i have used this site once before a few years ago but im not sure what steps i took or exactly what information was needed anything else you need to know im glad to supply more info

thank you

niksrule

niksrule

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Read the rules, do not post logs here

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Your computer IS infected, and also you're running McAfee, but there is number of Norton's leftovers.
Travel to Malware Removal section.