Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

First Build

• Please log in to reply

elmos

elmos

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I have built my first PC and when I go to turn the power on, the LED blinks for a split second then nothing happens. I currently have a NZXT Temptest, and a 750W Corsair TX750W PSU. I turn the computer on, and I see the Blue LED lights on the front blinks, then nothing happens. What can be the problem? Is it any hardware? or bad wiring? Another question about the fans. They have 3 connectors on it: a 3 pin, and 2 4-pin molexs[1 Male, 1 Female connector]. My case has 6 fans, and I connected the 3 pin to the mobo, and i connected all my fans through the male and female molex's. is that a problem?

So what should I do?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Fans with three pins and a 4 pin molex should be connected one or the other, not both. Either power a fan off the board or off its molex adaptor. Either way is fine but not both at the same time.

A machine that doesn't stay on may be caused by many things, typically the 24-pin power isn't seated properly, the 12v 4-pin connector isn't in, a separate add-in card is conflicting, something plugged in is faulty and causing the system to hang (unplug the drives), the PSU is faulty or the board is shorting out on the case.