Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Websites shift back and forth

• Please log in to reply

dflo404

dflo404

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Hello all. Ever since I re-installed windows XP on this laptop and got the internet up and running, the text and images on some websites have been kind of jerking back and forth.

I use firefox 3, and for some websites, after they load, will shift back and forth a tiny bit, mainly just the text and images. This will happen for a few seconds, until it finally remains stationary. My video drivers are working and updated, and I've never seen this problem on this computer before. Any ideas for a fix?

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try google chrome here...

I too have the same issues with firefox 3.0

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Hmm....Google Chrome is in beta stages. I wouldn't try to install it on anyone's main computer. Besides, it has some security/privacy issues.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

Hmm....Google Chrome is in beta stages. I wouldn't try to install it on anyone's main computer. Besides, it has some security/privacy issues.

both issues have been corrected...
also installed it on all my computers and have had no problems since the day it was released