Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gaming/All Around PC Build

• Please log in to reply

ahorner

ahorner

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Building to replace my machine now. Just click link to view the parts.

PC Build

What do you think?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Looks ok from a glance, I would switch the gfx card up to something like a 9800GT you will be better off with the extra power than going with underpowered ATI cards and trying to crossfire them. If you want to go ATI it would be worth it to pony up the cash for a 4850 its a mile better than a 3850.

ahorner

ahorner

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
How much more would a 9800GT cost? I'm don't really care if the card is an ATI or NVidia, as long as it plays games nicely. I have an old Radeon X1550 Pro now, 512MB Ram, and it plays some games okay, I can get about 45 fps playing WoW on the highest settings.

ahorner

ahorner

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Is

This

A good card?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah, its a good card, I have one myself when coupled with a system that will let it run at its maximum potential will play everything at max settings on a 1680x1050 even crysis.

ahorner

ahorner

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Then good, because I have Crysis X-D