Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unable to Ping the Machines and Access the Remote Registry

• Please log in to reply

Mobi

Mobi

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi guys,

I am facing an issue in our organization. One of our user in the organization has changed the settings such that I cannot ping the system. Similarly I can't even access the system through remote registry option or through Computer Management-->Connect to a Remote Computer. I am getting the error message "Computer_Name cannot be managed. The Network path was not found." I have the Domian Admin rights but I am unable to get information about this system. I have checked the windows firewall setting on his computer by asking him to show me the firewall settings but there is no such configuration that can prevent the form accessing the system.

Can you please help me out what could be the possible reason for this?? And how I can caputer this user if he deliberately performed such configurations (which I believe he did)

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
If you ping the computer by name can you verify that it goes to the correct address? Is "this guy" your network admin? Do you have physical access to the server?