Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question regarding installing ie.inf

• Please log in to reply

oates1885

oates1885

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
i was told to post my question in this forum...i will copy and past my past forum regarding the installation of the ie.inf file...

"We are looking for a file and not a folder. Are you in c:\windows\inf\ now? You should see the file ie.inf there (scroll down). "

Me:
sorry for the confusion...i found it and clicked install but it says: "The file 'IEXPLORE.EXE' on Windows XP Home edition service pack 2 CD is needed. Type the path where the file is located, and then click OK.

thanks
oates

OK, try asking this question in the Windows forum and see if they know how to repair IE since you have SP2 installed already. If that's resolved and you don't have any problems, post back here so that I can close it.

If you could let me know how to fix this problem that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Oates

Advertisements