Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB mass storage device

• Please log in to reply

liphook27

liphook27

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
My daughter has a firecard for her nintendo ds, which fits into a cartridge with a usb connector on it to connect it to the pc.

I have been using it for a few weeks fine, but yesterday when i connected it it didnt work, there was an audible noise that a usb had been connected but the box to examine the folder didnt pop up, and it didnt show in my computer.

I looked in device manager and saw a yellow exclamation mark on usb mass storage device, and it said that the device could not start.

i have deleted the device and restarted to let windows find it again, but is still get the same problem

its plug and play so doesnt have drivers.

im using vista home edition.

any ideas as to what the problem may be?

thanks in advance

Advertisements

liphook27

liphook27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Just an update...........

tried the usb device in my sons pc which is running on xp, and it works fine, so its not the device but something to do with vista.

It is vista compatible and has worked fine for weeks previously.

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
If you've another spare USB port, try it in that one, just to eliminate the possibility of a port going down for some reason.

liphook27

liphook27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

If you've another spare USB port, try it in that one, just to eliminate the possibility of a port going down for some reason.

tried that already, and get same problem with every port