Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

EXCEL: Oops what is my password?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Another one of my dumb users now has an Excel file that is password protected, the only problem is they have no idea what the password is for the one they believe it is no longer works. I think this might have been caused by the previous supervisor that didn't leave in the best of terms or maybe she did. But that is neither here nor there. I am busy with other clients right now so I can't put too much time into this right this second but was hoping you guys/gals can save me a lot of time and research if you can point me to a password recover or/and cracking tool for password protected Excel files.

Awhile back someone did the same thing to a PST file and I found something that worked. I just hope I can do this twice.

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP
your best bet is google....other than that we can't actually help with this due to the fact that we cannot verify the veracity of your request. we can't tell whether you're a legitimate user asking for help recovering a lost password or someone trying to get into the company's financial records

if you have any issues with this then please pm a moderator or an admin. this thread is now closed

(also..i'm not following you around just happened to see this in the index)