Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN messenger tracker/problem

• Please log in to reply

emulatedhuman

emulatedhuman

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Ok, so MSN messenger is fully functional, only when it runs it IM's all my contacts to go to a malicious site. Not only that, it is running not under the name "MSN Messenger" in the running processes list, but as "Updater" and when i close it, it will reopen itself in another 10-15 minutes. When "Updater" runs, it creates one of two executable files directly on to my C: drive, they are entitled "kgm.exe" and "lbs.exe" I first continuously deleted both but they kept regenerating on startup.
Another problem i have, which i think is from the same source, is my Antivirus program that runs in the background (Norton Antivirus Corporate) seems to automatically uncheck itself in the box that says "Enable File System Real-Time Protection".

I have tried all the steps outlined in the beginner's guide on this website and the problem still remains.

for anyone who can help, thank you :tazz:

Advertisements

szmig

szmig

• Pip
  • 9 posts
It may be better if you post your problem here-
http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html