Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

old files i see during scans

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
This is prob a dumb question for most of you guys :)

anyways when i scan (anyscan virus/spyware) i see old files like ones from second life and other program,s

i can not seem to find all this stuff in files and so on but i see it when i scan???

Is there a way of fully cleaning old program's that leave all this old unused stuff? or is it stuck here for good?

any help/advice would be good

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,302 posts
They are probably files left that are in the registry. I do not like directing people to the registry. You can crash the computer.

If you know the names of some of the files, you can try a search for them.
Also run Cleaner from my signature. That should help some.

A lot of programs will leave the main folder intact in case of a re-install so setting do not get lost. That folder is probably still there and manually needs to be deleted.