Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer experts please

• Please log in to reply

Shakeitdavey

Shakeitdavey

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys, i recently had a virus, so had most my programs reset including internet explorer (I got rid of the virus) . Some of the pages wouldn't load java etc so had to go into internet options to enable and disable some things to get it working. But. I think i might have ticked the wrong things but don't know which because a couple things happen which never before.

#1 If i go on google, and type in something and press search. It will only load the first 2 searches, and the page finishes loading, without showing the rest of the results. Untill i click a link then the rest of the results show up.

#2 Another thing aswell, before everything got reset, my webpages loaded in less than a second everytime, but now it takes a while to load each page. I just think i might of triggered off something which checks the page is safe everytime a new page opens or something so takes longer to load. Not sure, but just takes longer to load than usual.

So really i just want to know how to stop them 2 things, hope you can help!! Please :)

p.s - it is internet explorer 8 beta ( version 8.0.6001.18241 )

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Beta software will have kinks like these that should be solved in the final release so the best thing to do is uninstall the beta.