Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Ports not working

• Please log in to reply

sweetz

sweetz

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I plug in my phone or mp3 and they start charging, but the machine does not acknowledge them at all.
A while ago I checked the device manager and it said all the usb hubs were disabled and would not let me enable them because they were not working properly.
But now when I check it they are all enabled and says nothing about them not working. I tried uninstalling them and rebooting but that did not make any difference.
Is there anything else I can do to make them work??

Edited by sweetz, 13 September 2008 - 08:05 PM.

Advertisements

puzzled1965

puzzled1965

• Pip
  • 9 posts
You could try shutting down the computer and pulling out the mains plug to get rid of residual electricity. I had a similar problem today and it worked for me - when I turned it back on the ports functioned normally.