Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

External hard disk data disappeared

• Please log in to reply

Esfidary

Esfidary

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm currently using a Western Digital external hard drive which is 1TB. I have been running it for some weeks now and it has been fine up until now. When I plug the drive in at the moment it is recognized by windows, but not like it was before; it has also lost the WD logo. Most importantly windows recognizes a certain amount of space is being used on the drive. However when the drive is opened no folders or files can be seen and cannot be accessed by the computer. Help please.

Edited by Esfidary, 13 September 2008 - 04:03 PM.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
try data recovery software... I have had luck with Getdataback by runtime systems.... just be sure to read and get the one that will work for your situation. There are others ( I believe pcinspector might even be free ) but I have not used any of them...