I have recently purchased a new Sony DRU 720A, which came with Nero SE Burning suite version 6. It worked great for me in burning about 25-30 DVD's and then suddenly started acting like this. It goes through all the motions of burning a DVD and after reporting a successful burn, the DVD is left totally blank, that is unburnt and still usable. CD's will burn alright, the problem is definitely with the Nero software. I am only posting this after trying many many fixes. Here is a rundown of what I've done.
- Contacted Nero, they suggested update firmware of burner.
- Updated firmware, no effect.
- Nero suggested run their tools DriverCleanTool and RegistryChecker.
- Ran tools, no effect.
- Deleted some Easy CD entries in registry including 2 crucial ones - UpperFilters and LowerFilters, which pointed to Easy CD entries.
- Success! Nero began burning DVD's! Burned 6 DVD's and problem came back.
- Downloaded NeroCleanTool to un-install Nero. Then re-installed Nero.
- Success! Nero burned 1 DVD, then problem came back.
I've been pouring through the registry, looking for leftovers from other burning software, which is a known issue with Nero, but I'm ready to pull my hair out. The Nero suite is a fantastic set of programs, the Nero Recode is amazing, the Cover Designer is flawless, I do not want to abandon this software, but it just won't burn my DVD's anymore.
Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.
Edited by GeekOlek, 01 May 2005 - 08:04 PM.