Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet connection unbelievably slow after performing spyware/malware

• Please log in to reply

mickelle

mickelle

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello there :) ,

So..I just finished receiving some great help with cleaning my windows system files here on Geeks to Go. Unfortunately, after the final steps of the process (possibly from moving certain files ? ) my comp is working at the speed of a 386. Extremely slow. I've removed many of the additional protection software which were added. Also removed tonnes of files and cleaned using ATF cleaner etc. Still not sure why things are moving slow. I pretty sure it was something which took place during the help process before. Mainly its browsing the internet which is being inhibited somehow.... firefox, explorer, msn all work extremely slow.

OK i hope that makes any sense. Thanks for your help.

-Mickelle
:)

Advertisements

mickelle

mickelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
here is the string from my last visit.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Hijack-LOG-file-t211167.html&pid=1330693&st=15#entry1330693

cheers.

-Mickelle