Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN ERROR 81000306

• Please log in to reply

fourkings

fourkings

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hi

My Msn started not working a few days ago and this is the error..

We were unable to sign you in to Windows Live Messenger, possibly becuase of a problem with the service or with your Internet connection. Please make sure that you are connected to the internet.

To let us try and troubleshoot the problem, lcick the Troubleshoot button.

I do trouble shoot and the results are
" Your hosts file contains Windows Live Messenger related entries which may interfere with name resolution"
Also my keyports popped up
" Fialed to connect to the service. This could be due to improper proxy or firewall settings. Proxy settings can be accessed through Widows Live Messenger Options. For Firewall settings , please see the ratailer's instrutcions.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Download the HostsXpert 3.7 - Hosts File Manager.
  • Unzip HostsXpert 3.7 - Hosts File Manager to a convenient folder such as C:\HostsXpert
  • Click HostsXpert.exe to Run HostsXpert 3.7 - Hosts File Manager from its new home
  • Click "Make Hosts Writable?" in the upper right corner (If available).
  • Click Restore Microsoft's Hosts file and then click OK.
  • Click the X to exit the program.
  • Note: If you were using a custom Hosts file you will need to replace any of those entries yourself.

fourkings

fourkings

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
thanks it worked ^.^