Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Serious problem

• Please log in to reply

Moca Lade

Moca Lade

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
My Installer folder was swelling out of control with replicating files, so I tried to mitigate the problem by removing some of them. Now some programs such as all of Microsoft Office no longer work (it says they're uninstalled). I have no idea what to do at this point, and I no longer have the disk to re-install them. Can anyone help me?

Advertisements

d34thero

d34thero

• Pip
  • 9 posts
You didn't back up the files or make a system restore point?If you had make a back up or system restore you can fix it from there otherwise you will have to found a day before the day you deleted the files and do system restore (the day should be a day you installed or unistalled something).
To do system restore go:Start>All programs>Accesories>System tools>System restore.
There you check the box "restore my computer to an earlier time"click next choose the day you want click next and your pc will make system restore.