Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

E:\ is not a valid Win32 application

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello I am Ryan. I've just started my first year in university and my Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 has stopped working. It had been working fine until today, when I tried to open Word it gave me some error message which I cant remember exactly but it wouldn't let me open it or any of the other Office programs. I tried to uninstall it but it says the file is corrupted and I should run set-up again from the DVD drive. I deleted windows office from my program file but now when I try to use my Office disk I get the message "E:\ is not a valid Win32 application." My disk is not damaged and I tried using a brand new disk (I opened the package and put it right into the dvd drive) that a friend had (both disks are completely legit and not burned) but neither worked. I thought the problem might be with my dvd drive but it seemed to read my game disks fine. As I said previously this is my first year in university and I direly need Word to work, if you have any suggestions for me they would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.