Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 2007 - Microsoft Office Outlook has not been installed for the

• Please log in to reply

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Hi there,

I updated my Office 2007 applications last wednsday after Microsoft released updates for the programs. Everything seemed fine untill I rebooted my PC to check my emails.

Now everytime I launch the program I get this error message:
untitled.PNG

I dont really want to reinstall Office because I don't want to loose all my emails and account settings etc. Is there anyway I can fix this problem... it only started happening after installing Microsofts updates. The message above pops up for every office application.

I am running Windows XP SP3.

Edit: I have tried doing a repair of Office 2007 from the disc, but the message still pops up.

Any help is appreciated,

Bobbobagan

Edited by bobbobagan, 21 September 2008 - 12:54 AM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
the error is saying you need to install outlook for that user...have you tried running setup yet on that user account ...
you could also try system restore...go back prior to the updates...

Edited by happyrock, 22 September 2008 - 07:21 AM.

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
There is only 1 user on my computer (excluding the Guest account) and that is the account which I use.

I have tried logging into the Guest account and opening office, but the message appears on that account also.

I have tried doing a repair of Office, and I have also tried to install office on my user account by running the setup CD.

The only thing left to do really, is to uninstall and reinstall... I just want to know if theres anything else I can do beforehand... Because if I completely reinstall then I will have to redownload all the updates and loose all of my emails.