Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtual Memory of my pc problem

• Please log in to reply

d34thero

d34thero

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi,
First of all because I am new at the forum i don' know if i choose the current place to post that topic.
Anyway i need help with my pc.Because my old pc had broken and couldn't fix it i change everything inside it.The first days it worked fine but one day i saw a message telling me that the virtual memory is not enough but i didn't give enough attention and keep playing LineageII.But a few days later after i close my pc when open it again my pc,sound etc were fine except that i couldn't see the screen i could only see this message "Check Signal Cable".Please help me.I don't remember my specs the only thing i remember is that my pc specs are better of those who need the game "Crysis"(i don't play this game i just know the specs)
Any suggestions are welcome.
Thank you.

Advertisements

d34thero

d34thero

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I found a topic from microsoft http://www.microsoft...oblems.mspx#ETB which says as i understand that to fix the virtual memory error need to know your ram my ram is 512mb and to go at >my computer>view system information>system properties>advanced>performance>settings>virtual memory (tab)>change and set the box above "initial size (MB) and maximum size (MB)" to e.x. 515 (as i understand).If that was the problem please tell me.But for doing this i need to see the screen which i can't do it now.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

"Check Signal Cable"

this means either the video card is not sending data to the monitor...or the cable itself is bad...loose...or not plugged in...
borrow another monitor you can connect to see if it works...

Edited by happyrock, 15 September 2008 - 09:07 AM.

d34thero

d34thero

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well i think that the problem is the first the video card don't set data to monitor but i don't have any other monitor to log in.I asked a friend who works a little with computers and told me that it might be a virus.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
do you have access to another video card...if so remove the old card and install the new card...be sure to unplug the computer from the wall first...
your friend that told you it could be a virus causing this is probably not as knowledgeable about computers as he thinks...verify anything he tells you do BEFORE doing it...

Edited by happyrock, 15 September 2008 - 09:47 AM.

d34thero

d34thero

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I don't have any other video card my old video card as i said to the first topic was broken with the whole pc.I am not so good with pc and i don't know anything about video cards and as i understand i am going to buy new video card if you would help me a little with this i would appreciate it.Secondly i want to ask something is video card same as graphics card?I told you not good with pc. :) .
This will fix and the virtual memory problem or only the thing that can't see anything in screen?
Thank you

d34thero

d34thero

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Please answer me for fixnig it as soon as possible.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if you don't have another monitor or video card to try...were done