Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I want to build a computer

• Please log in to reply

sami4021

sami4021

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
So i was building a computer. The money dosent matter to me. I want the most updated components out to date for this coomputer. That means i want to make it with all the best products there are. E.G: RAM, CPU, etc. Please help me and post an estim,ated cost. Thanks

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What do you mean by money doesn't matter, we could put together systems that would set you back well over £5000 easily and computers are completely defined by the budget. Set the budget is the first thing when picking parts.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Using the most up-to-date components is pointless, you may as well tip money down the drain.
Soon as you buy any brand new component, something new and better is just round the corner, there's never a good time to buy, you have to bite the bullet.
If you were to buy a new car, it would depreciate like there's no tomorrow. Buying a slightly old car means the rate of depreciation is slower but it will still get you from A to B whether its brand new or four years old. Same with a computer, buy some slightly older components and the computer will be cheaper but it'll still get the job done.

Edited by Neil Jones, 15 September 2008 - 02:32 PM.

sami4021

sami4021

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
ok so then what components are out right now that are fast and will last a long time and wont get slow at all. my budget is $500 - $1,000.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Thats a bit more of a realistic question, do you have anything you are re using or do you need the whole thing from scratch so do you have a monitor etc.

If you have that stuff you could get away with a system similar to mine just downgrading some of the components, if you need a monitor you will need to make more compromises in the main system.

sami4021

sami4021

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I have an HP a250n. Is it possible to take everything out and just replace it with parts that i can buy?

Deldrice

Deldrice

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
The case isn't the biggest issue. Keyboard, mouse, and the monitor would save you a lot if you could re use the ones you already have, if you already have decent ones.

sami4021

sami4021

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
i have good ones but they seem only for the HP System as they are not usb.