Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows media player 11 / wmpnetwk.exe (SOLVED)

• Please log in to reply

duley3

duley3

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Recently I have found that wmpnetwk.exe is using up my resouces. I know that it is used for sharing files to other devices. I have WMP set to share with my 360. Everthing was just fine until the other day. Now all of a sudden cpu is hovering around 100% when I have sharing turned on. If I turn off sharing it is fine. I never had this problem before and have been sharing medai with my 360 for over a year.

The only thing I can think of that I may have done is Change a name of a avi. and downloaded a couple of movies.

Also when I go to search my system for more media with the player it hangs up with wmplay.exe (I think) using 100% and never finishes.
I also read somewhere that it could be a corrupt avi file. So I deleted the most recent avi files I had and still had the same problem. If it is a corrupt file how could I track it down?

I know most of this may not make scene. I tired to explain it the best I could. As for now I have sharing turned off.
Has this happen to anyone here? Could someone help me figure this out?
Thanks

Never mind turn out I had a partial file that never finished downloading. I deleted that and all is well now.....Thanks anyway

Edited by duley3, 15 September 2008 - 02:34 PM.

Advertisements