Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes Connection Problems...

• Please log in to reply

greschel

greschel

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm having trouble buying things from the iTunes store. I've run the diagnostics, and the issue isn't connecting, but getting a SECURE connection. I'm getting this error message: Posted Image. There are instructions to fix it at Apple's website, which I've followed to the dot, but it isn't making any difference. Apparently an SSL 3.0 or TLS 1.0 needs to be enabled...but I've checked over and over, and both ARE enabled on my computer. I still keep receiving the error message.

I even tried installing the new iTunes (version 8), since their help site said it was version 7 that was having problems. Didn't help at all.

The problem only just started maybe a week or two ago. Before then, I had no problem making purchases. The only thing I can think of that's changed since then is that my school network has switched over to a client program called Odyssey Client. Some of the network settings I'm sure are being controlled by an outside administrator, but I should be able to enable iTunes on my own computer, right?

Help! I'm desperate to buy more music!

EDIT:

Well, nevermind. I feel stupid now...turns out it was a problem with the proxy we use. Trust my school to do something like that! Future reference for anyone experiencing similar issues (I know my classmates are), check your proxy settings. Thanks for trying to help, though!

Edited by greschel, 15 September 2008 - 11:06 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
which internet browser are you using?

Chloe Winchester

Chloe Winchester

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I having the same problems as the first. I had to switch to Firefox after Internet Explorer completely [bleep] out on me. I've done everything suggested, HELP!!!!!!