Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP theme lost?

• Please log in to reply

taifallos

taifallos

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey there,

I was rummaging around in my comp, removing old games like Kings Quest etc... and found a "longhorn transformation pack 10.5" by Mr. X. I was like what?- so I clicked on the delete option when in the remove programs folder. All of a sudden it started up-restarted my computer and installed it. Okay... wierd...? So I tried to uninstall it again, this time it worked. But now that my computer is all loaded back up the original XP theme is not working.

Everything is stuck in classic mode. In various attempts to change it back, I can't find the xp theme. Apparently it's something called "luna" ? I found a file by that name under the windows/resources/themes, but my computer won't recognize it.

Help?- anyone?

(btw- everything else is working just dandy. so I'm wondering how to replace/download/just get the original xp theme)

Thanks so much!
Cheers*

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello taifallos...

Navigate to C:\Windows\Resources...open the Resources folder. In the Resources window, right click on "Themes" and choose "Delete"...accept the change. Leave this window open (it can be minimalized).

Download the attached file and save it to your My Documents Folder. Right click on the downloaded file and choose "Extract All"...extract the files to the My Documents folder...You should end up with a folder named "Themes". Right click on the extracted Themes folder and choose "Copy". Go back to the open Resources folder window, right click in a clear area, and choose "Paste".

Attached File  Themes.zip   787.13KB   66 downloads
Close all open windows and see if you can change your theme.

If you are unable to delete the Themes folder, copy the downloaded folder (the extracted one) and paste it over the top of the current Themes folder...let it overwrite the current files.

wannabe1