Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I think my laptop might be dead again

• Please log in to reply

nick_mi

nick_mi

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
So anytime I start my computer I get the below screen. Tried booting in safe mode, and safe mode with networking, but still nothing.

I then tried to do the fix the last time this happened(though the bluescreen was different).

http://www.geekstogo...58#entry1247458

I got to where I need to hir "r" and then it gave me the bluescreen again.

Help please, thanks

Nick

PS: Sorry for the crappy pics, not the best cameras

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by nick_mi, 16 September 2008 - 08:57 PM.

Advertisements

nick_mi

nick_mi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
bump?

nick_mi

nick_mi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
bump again? Lol, gonna try reformatting it thurs

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Hi there! Sorry we missed you....

Before reformatting, I would (if you have an actually XP disk instead of a recovery disk) boot to the Recovery Console and run a chkdsk /r. In order to do that, boot to the CD. At the menu it will give you an option to press R to enter the RC. You will need to log onto Whatever Windows installation C:\Windows is (usually number 1) and type any admin password (often this is left blank.) Then you should have a command prompt - a the prompt type
chkdsk /r
BE SURE TO PUT THE SPACE IN THERE. Let the chkdsk scan the drive and see what it says, and if you can boot.