Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Change in desktop?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I recently had a virus that took over all my administrator controls and changed my desktop to a red screen saying "Danger: Infection, purchase security software now", obviously trying to get you to give them your money to make it better. I got rid of the bug and all the controls and options were set back to normal except for my desktop. There's a weird white sliding thing that you can move to cover the whole background or just about an inch:
Posted Image
How can I change it back to normal?

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Go Start>Control Panel
Double click Display
Click Desktop tab.
Click Customize Desktop button.
Click Web tab.
Delete all entries, except for My Current Home Page (this is normally unchecked).
Make sure, that Lock desktop items box is UN-checked.
OK your way out.