Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Proxy Help

• Please log in to reply

Brandon8177

Brandon8177

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about proxies. Here's my problem....

And PLEASE try and help me....not ask why I want to do this haha I posted this on another forum and got crap for it.

I use a chatsite that shows your IP when you log onto your profile....well, everything but the last set of numbers. It works through Java.

So, I have one program that I can only seem to use to hide my ip (hide real ip). But when it's looking for proxies, most of the ones it comes up with do not work. They connect and then show my real IP. I've tried it with my firewall on and off...and it only seems to work with port 1080...and it doesn't even work all the time with that...and on top of that, it's getting harder and harder to find port 1080.

I have another program (Hide IP NG) that works, but it's like it doesn't work through Java...cause when I go to this website and log in, it doesn't connect....and if it does and I look at my profile, it shows my real IP. So it's basically useless.

I've tried to manually set up a proxy using both firefox and IE....nothing works. Maybe I'm not getting good IP's. I'm not sure.

Would just like to know if maybe Java needs to be configured....or what's the deal. Can anyone help me out? I'm going mad trying to figure all this out. GRRR.

Advertisements