Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem with USB Drive and STOP error messages

• Please log in to reply

joannaj929

joannaj929

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,

I am receiving several error messages when I connect anything to my USB drive (printer etc etc). The system completely shuts down and I recieve an error message:

STOP: 0x000000FC
(0xF7A628EO, 0x07347163, 0xF7A62840, 0X00000001)

When I turn the computer on again, I receive this message: BGHELP.dll

Please let me know if anyone knows how to fix this problem, and from where it arose. I am hoping that I can fix this problem myself without having to take it to the shop.

Thank you so much,

Joanna

Advertisements

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hello joannaj929

I am Not a Staff member , just a member like you...

Did this occur after updating to SP3 ??? OR After Uninstalling / Installing any program or application ???

Is there any other suspicious signs ??? ( To point us in the right direction )

And about the " BGHELP.dll " error , Does it state weather it cannot be " Loaded " or cannot be " Found " ???

Edited by Anthony19, 17 September 2008 - 03:55 AM.

joannaj929

joannaj929

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Anthony,

Thanks so much for your response. No, I did not update anything knowingly...but the system seems to have upated a driver or something on its own and then this problem happened!

What do you think?

Joanna

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Quote " but the system seems to have upated a driver or something on its own and then this problem happened! "

How did you work out the system updated a driver ??? , and do you know what driver ?

and with the " BGHELP.dll Error " is there anything else it states about the error

eg : missing, corrupt, wrong version Or cannot be loaded

Quote: " When I turn the computer on again, I receive this message: BGHELP.dll " , Is that occuring with the usb port used or un-used ???

Ps: Are you familular with the " System Restore " , Maybe try Restore to a previous state ( when you know the system was working well ( Athought the update will be " Automatically installed again " , Once a device is insterted into the usb again )

Pss: USB btw , is Universal serial Bus , dll is dynamic link library ( If i am wrong ill be sure to be corrected lol )

just though i might note that only for your interest... wont help resolve the issue however :)

Edited by Anthony19, 17 September 2008 - 04:40 AM.

joannaj929

joannaj929

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Anthony,

Again, thanks SO much....
Basically, there was a yellow caution message at the bottom of the screen that alerted me to the need for an update..I guess that's when I installed SP3? I am not sure.

I don't know if there was more to the error message...now I am worried about putting anything into the USB drive again...

I don't know exactly how to do a system restore, although i have seen it done. Is it better if I take it to a technical person to have it done?

Joanna

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
it may just be a driver...but for now just uninstall SP3 in the add/remove programs in the control panel

SYMPTOMS
When you use a Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)-based computer or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following:
0x000000FC (ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY)

Or, you may receive a Stop error after you install new hardware on a computer that supports hardware Data Execution Prevention (DEP).

CAUSE
This issue may occur when one or more drivers that are installed on your computer are not compatible with the DEP feature of Windows XP SP2.