Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need HELP CANNOT ACTIVATE DESKTOP(VIRUS I THINK)

• Please log in to reply

thomas2009

thomas2009

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Think i have a serious virus and desktop turned white and cannot activate back and have been getting this erro message (privacy_danger/index.htm) can someone help me please

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

For help removing a virus, you'll want to head to the Malware section of this forum.

Specifically, follow all the instructions in this link (click here).

Step 5 will explain how you post a log. Make sure you start a new topic in the Malware forum (click here).

One of our experts will review your log and help you clean your machine like new :)

Just beware the forum is very busy, please don't reply to your own thread as it will look like somebody is already helping you. If it is 3 days or longer with no reply, feel free to post a New Topic in the Waiting Room (click here).

Cheers

Troy

thomas2009

thomas2009

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
troy thanks ..

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi Thomas,

If you follow all the instructions (exactly) you will have posted a HijackThis log in the Malware forum. Please do not reply here any longer, but follow the instructions I posted above and start a new thread in the Malware forum.

Cheers

Troy