Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which system?

• Please log in to reply

viscid240

viscid240

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have put together two setups roughly in the same price range. I have no intentions of moving up in price as this would be my max limit ( tower components) aside from monitor, etc.

I plan on gaming with this system on a daily basis if time alloes so. It will be a primary system for me, so my plans also consist of:

documenting, e-mail, photoshop, gaming, view movies & photos, so all-in-all, a multi-tasking machine as I tend to do multiple things at once.

Here are the choices I have come up with,

System 1:

Case: CM rc-690
MOBO: 750i FTW
Video Card: EVGA 8800 GT 512MB
PSU: Corsair 750TX
Processor: Q6600
Memory: CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) xms2
Hard Drive: Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-S223Q/BEBN - OEM
CPU Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball

System 2:

Case: NZXT Apollo
MOBO: 780i SLI FTW
Video Card: GTX 260 896MB
PSU: Cooler Master RP-650-PCAR 650W
Processor: Q9550
Memory: OCZ Platinum 4GB (PC2 8000)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 7200 RPM
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-S223F
CPU Cooler: Tuniq Tower 120 CPU Cooler 120mm LED

I would think it is a night and day choice between the two, with option 2 being the dominate. I want to see if you guys think it is worht the extra money. As option 2 is pushing my budget but I will spend that and only that much.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
To be honest the difference would not be that huge, the perrformance of system 1 will allready be so good that any better would be hard to notice unless you thrash your computer with CPU intensive apps all the time and have a big monitor with a very high resolution(1900x1200 or more).

I would say one is a good buy you can always upgrade later, although I would maybe switch the mobo to an Intel P45 and maybe a 4850 for graphics that should give a good middle ground and give better upgradability.