Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless router

• Please log in to reply

jr67

jr67

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello i'm new here and i need some help with my laptop(dell latitude c400) . I'm just purchase a wireless router linksys wrt160n and have it setup on my desktop(hp pavilion mx730) istallation was sucessful but i can not get my laptop (dell) to pick up or at times it gives me a message " windows cannot configure this wireless connection". I did chat with a person at linksys and he had me look for the wireless listing in stat up ,all programs but there is no "dell wireless listing. The wireless card is a dell truemobile 1150 series wireless. Can anyone help. Running win xp professional ver 2002 service pack 2. now able to get network list and router name is in list but stuck on validating identity, what do i need to finish on the laptop in order to get it to login?

Edited by jr67, 18 September 2008 - 02:58 PM.

Advertisements

jester620

jester620

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
Hello jr67,

Welcome to Geeks to Go.

I had an idea for your "validating identity problem."

First, are you using Windows to manage the wireless adapter or are you using the Dell Truemobile software? This will help me to focus instructions for getting you connected.

Can you get to a dialog box that shows the "Properties" for your wireless networks. What we are looking for is specific for the connection to your wireless network.

We want to get to a page that asks if you want to "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network." If you disable this (no check mark), does the "validating identity" problem go away?

Let me know if you need more specific help.

Edited by jester620, 18 September 2008 - 03:17 PM.

jr67

jr67

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for your input, it seems to be woking. my next project is trying to put office 2003 in but the disk i have is stopping on " can not find yh561411.cab " i guess i have a bad disc. where can i go to download office 2003 on the web ?