Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELLLLLLPPP

• Please log in to reply

plastik018

plastik018

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
something is wrong with my web browser, i had the venudo trojan virus and i think i deleted it. i installed service pack 1 for vista too. now my web browsers show double.
like, i go to google.com but 2 of them load on the same
like this --Posted Image

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The easist thing to do is open firefox and save all your links to a file in the documents folder. Open the bookmarks manager, click on file, export and save the bookmarks.html file.

Then get on the internet and save the latest version of firefox to a folder somewhere. Now, go to control panel, programs and uninstall Firefox. When it gets done, reboot the computer and find the firefox download and double click on it to install.

If you still have the same problem of double windows it's a windows problem and not firefox.

SRX660

plastik018

plastik018

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
um, i uninstalled firefox and reinstalled it, same problem. google chrome has the same problem, internet explorer same problem. BUT safari does not. is it a virus or something? I HATE VISTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and starting to hate pcs too =/ thinkin about getin a mac..

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
The Vundo virus caused your problem....it wasn't Vista! :)

i had the venudo trojan virus and i think i deleted it

There is no way that you can just 'delete' that infection. You will need help to get rid of it.

Download HijackThis™ here:
http://www.trendsecu.../hijackthis.php

Right click on it and choose "Run as Administrator". Click 'Do a System Scan and Save logfile'.
The HJT log will open in notepad. Copy and paste the contents of the HJT log into a NEW TOPIC located at this link:
http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html