I have an Abit NF7-S v2.0 motherboard with 2x512MB PC3200 Kingston Value Ram. Recently, I booted up my computer and no video was showing. I tried a number of things, but eventually resorted to a minimal bench build. Even after that, still nothing. So, I tried with only one stick of memory and it booted up with no problems. My first impression was that my other memory stick went bad, but I also tried that one by itself and it worked too.
So, both memory sticks work fine individually, but not together. I know they are compatible because I have been using both for a long time with no problems. I have already Googled my problem and, based off of other people's suggestions, these are the things I have tried.
1) Placing both sticks together in every combination of my 3 RAM slots. (i.e. I have tried slots 1&3, 2&3, 1&2, swapping the sticks each time)
2) Memtest86 on each stick, no errors
3) Resetting BIOS settings automatically (i.e. in the BIOS menu)
4) Resetting the BIOS settings manually (i.e. by clearing the CMOS via mobo jumpers)
5) Lowering the voltage to my memory
6) Raising the CL
7) Yelling at it
8) Taking a nap ....
All of these things still result in the same problem and I have run out of ideas. Does anyone know why my memory would, all of a sudden, only work one stick at a time, and not together?
Thanks in advance!
Edited by UV_Power, 18 September 2008 - 04:22 PM.