Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system rebooting on its own

• Please log in to reply

vbwannab

vbwannab

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Please note this is on windows xp:

I have AVG 7.5 Virus Protection. Here's the messages I get daily after scans:
Error Messages on regularly received AVG for a few months
File Result Boot Sector of Disc Change (this one's new as of a week or so ) Shell32.dll Change

As of this week- I can't Start defrag. - I do regular maint. all the time: Empty art files, Disc Clean-up. and the defrag. Also, when the computer decides to just shut down by itself and re boot sometimes ( not everyday) sometimes I get a blue screen with a LONG message that talks about boot sector and computer dumping memory - then I hard boot and it goes away. It's a long message. Doesn't appear that I've lost any memory at all but it's taking longer to open certain things. Do you know how to fix this?

I also forgot to mention one other thing,when the system reboots (all the time) I get a black screen saying: Hard drive operating outside normal specs....I press F1 and it restarts windows.

Edited by vbwannab, 18 September 2008 - 10:29 PM.

Advertisements