Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ad.doubleclick.net ? [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

njlock

njlock

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
1st link I clicked on a google news page, was rediredted to here

http://www.google.co...RURL=;ord=42012?

which started with this;

Sorry, we couldn't find http://ad.doubleclic...t/B2626824.2;sz. Here are some related websites:

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
ad.doubleclick.net problems are most likely tracking cookie problems, do you have this problem anywhere other then on your google news homepage? Try this.. open up your home page then go to Tools > Internet Options and click on Delete cookies. Then right after that try to open the same link from above. Also let me know what link you clicked on.

njlock

njlock

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

ad.doubleclick.net problems are most likely tracking cookie problems, do you have this problem anywhere other then on your google news homepage? Try this.. open up your home page then go to Tools > Internet Options and click on Delete cookies. Then right after that try to open the same link from above. Also let me know what link you clicked on.

OK did that,,,

Its a random thing, but originally I found it when I had tried to connect to a saved favorite link for pc world & pc magazine, so was't really on my google news home page. then by randomly clicking any link it would randomly do this redirect thing, Right now, to try something different and get away from anything google, I went to yahoo's main page, and did a couple random link clicks, 2nd click brought me to this "Dell search page" Real annoying! And still will do it if I start clicking on highlighted links on certain pages.

OK this may be hard to explain, but... I'm just playing around, and if I go to less popular websites, i.e. not google based, or yahoo based, or these 2 pc type magazine web sites, it does'nt seem to be happening, only when I'm on these high advertising based sites???? Just an unprofessional observation??

njlock

njlock

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
also, this was not happening on my AOL browser??

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Ok I have been doing a little research on your problem and here is what I came up with….
I see in your uninstall list you have a program called Browser Address Error Redirector I have found that Google has partnerships with computer hardware makers like Dell or Gateway to set the default search and the homepage to Google on new computers. By default, if you type a non-existent address in Internet Explorer's address bar, or if you click on a blocked link you're sent to a special Microsoft homepage that suggests some related links. (like in the link you posted above).

This program was preinstalled on you computer, I see no reason to keep it, and I think removing it will fix your problem but it’s entirely up to you if you want to try removing it because it is a legitimate program. However we could always download it again if you would like it back.

go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove Browser Address Error Redirector

then test it out on a few links and let me know how it works now :)

njlock

njlock

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
OK I'll try it tommorrow, funny why this would start now? Worth a try!

Thanks a lot for your time & effort!!

Ok I have been doing a little research on your problem and here is what I came up with….
I see in your uninstall list you have a program called Browser Address Error Redirector I have found that Google has partnerships with computer hardware makers like Dell or Gateway to set the default search and the homepage to Google on new computers. By default, if you type a non-existent address in Internet Explorer's address bar, or if you click on a blocked link you're sent to a special Microsoft homepage that suggests some related links. (like in the link you posted above).

This program was preinstalled on you computer, I see no reason to keep it, and I think removing it will fix your problem but it’s entirely up to you if you want to try removing it because it is a legitimate program. However we could always download it again if you would like it back.

go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove Browser Address Error Redirector

then test it out on a few links and let me know how it works now :)

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts

OK I'll try it tommorrow, funny why this would start now?

I think it has to do with the links and you cookies; it doesn't appear to be malware because your logs are still clean. Do you remember exactly when it started happening?

njlock

njlock

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
"go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove Browser Address Error Redirector

then test it out on a few links and let me know how it works now "

OK I'll try it tommorrow, funny why this would start now?

I think it has to do with the links and you cookies; it doesn't appear to be malware because your logs are still clean. Do you remember exactly when it started happening?

OK I uninstalled that, that does appear to solve the problem. Thanks Dell, MS, Google!!!*&^*$#!

The program obviously had a bug or some conflict, it denied me access to many legit pages. I can definitly live without this program!!

I have no idea what triggered this to happen, I've had this PC for about 6 months? and only started a couple of weeks ago, the only thing I can think I installed around the same time was cloudmarks anti spam (which 2 week trial ends today, I did'nt like it, but thats another post) but with updates who knows??

ANYWAY..... THANKS AGAIN!!!! I really think this was the issue. I just did'nt want to think it was a legitimate program, but I seem to notice I had some infections anyway, so I solved both problems. GREAT JOB!!!

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Your very welcome! it took me a while to figure it out.... but I'm glad we got it sorted :)

let me know if you have any more questions or problems!

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Advertisements