Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

searching the site

• Please log in to reply

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
:)

I think we'd have to get Sari in on this one, though - I was just thinking how you can't end a sentence in "for", for whatever reason that is... :)

(Who says Google is correct, anyway?)

Troy

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts

...I was just thinking how you can't end a sentence in "for"

There is a rule about ending a sentence with a preposition, but it doesn't always apply.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,955 posts
  • MVP
I'd say admin is correct on this one. In order to not have this sentence end in a preposition, you'd have to say "Find for what you're looking?", which sounds very Yoda-like, and isn't correct.

Many readers do not recognize the difference between ending a sentence with a preposition whose object appears earlier in the sentence and ending a sentence with a preposition that has no object.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
:)

Then Admin is correct, and I guess I'm now banned... :)