Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

installing video card without monitor

• Please log in to reply

sports fan

sports fan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my monitor won't work due to video card failing need to install proper software can i do that remotely and if so do you know of good software to use
I would need to identify software on internet and download to PC with monitor

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
With no other information than what you offer here, the answers are very general.

If your video card has failed no software download will fix it. If on the other hand, you do not have the correct software for your video card, please look on the card for a model number or name of the video card. From this you should be able to find the correct software for the video card.

It would be far easier to use a friends computer to find the correct drivers for your video card and download them. Then burn the drivers to a CD and if you can get your computer to boot up install the drivers to correct the video display.

Windows default drivers, while quite ugly, will work to find the correct drivers on the internet.

If you are saying you have no video at all, then you need to buy a new video card. I have never had a problem with Windows XP not having some kind of display if the video card does work.

Edited by SRX660, 20 September 2008 - 11:13 AM.