Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Annoying crash :(

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everyone..

I got a second hand computer, but bought a new hardrive.. And after loading XP, drivers etc.. All was fine.
But once I try to play a game, it'll flash a quick blue screen and then restart
(Sometimes it doesn't even get to the pre-game titles/credits etc)

It's also happened watching a youtube video :/ (It was as I clicked for a new tab)

I've tried reinstalling the game, updated graphics card drivers..
(The bios is a few months out of date, but I don't want to risk creating more problems..)
Can anyone help?

I've tried both Quake 4 & Hellgate London
and playing onnn:
Q6600 (clocked to 2.7)
320MB 8800GTS
Asus p5w dh deluxe
3GB Memory (I've tried memtest and it appears fine)
There are also 4 fans all running fine..

(I've tried going into system properties and unclicking 'Automatic restart', but it still restarts)

Can anyone help me? :)

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Try looking in your event viewer for any yellow or red tagged entrys. Double click on them to read what they are. Then either google the error or post what the error is here so we can look them up.