Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System startup errors

• Please log in to reply

fnark

fnark

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hello, i built my own computer off various parts from various places. It ran find for a few months but then began getting random restarts, they didnt happen that often so i didnt think much of it. Last night however my computer came up with a blue screen, but crashed half way through showing it (Sodding windows eh?). I turned it off and didnt try to use it until today, when it is doing either:

1. It boots fine with the normal one beep but the screen dislays nothing

2.It boots with no beep and no screen and when you can only turn it off by pressing and holding the power button, or on the switch at the back, it did this before but normally restarting would boot it up fine.

I cleaned the ram and it worked once, but stopped after reading the ram, wouldnt detect any ide drives, but now im back to no beeps and no screen.
Any ideas?

Advertisements

fnark

fnark

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Fixed!
Advice to anyone else with same or similar problem is to check the battery, and clear the cmos if you need to. Check all your connections.