Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burn Songs to a Virtual Drive

• Please log in to reply

sithpigeon

sithpigeon

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
I'm trying to burn some files to a virtual cdrom drive created in Virtual CDRom Control Panel. I need to be able to put some song files onto the drive and then be able to burn them off the drive using windows media player. So far I've tried creating an iso with the songs on it but Media Player won't let me rip the songs off of it. Does anyone know how you could accomplish this?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
May I ask what you are trying to accomplish here? It appears to me that you already have the song files on your computer, and now you are trying to burn them to a virtual cd-rom drive so that you can rip the mp3's back off of it using WMP and storing them back on your computer? I just don't understand what you are possibly trying to accomplish here by doing what you are doing. Please explain it more thoroughly...

Edited by Fenor, 20 September 2008 - 05:52 AM.

sithpigeon

sithpigeon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
I have some aac and m4p files that I got from iTunes and would like to be able to put them on my none iPod mp3 player. I read that the legal way to do this is to burn the songs to a cd and then rip them off of it to mp3. If you know that won't work or if there is a better way to do it that would also be helpful.

Edited by sithpigeon, 20 September 2008 - 08:08 AM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Why not just burn them to a CD as an Audio CD, which the program that you use like Nero should make them into .cda files, and then rip them off with WMP into MP3's?

Also, m4p files are already in the ipod format, so you should be able to just put them in there. I could be mistaken though. I have only had my iTouch for a couple weeks and really haven't messed around with it too much to see what works and what doesn't.

Fenor