Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lsivs.exe error restarts PC and registry is disabled

• Please log in to reply

marufu

marufu

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I intermittently get this error that says lsivs.exe has encountered an error and I have to send a report to Microsoft if I choose to. Any option I choose the computer then restarts. I already had Spysweeper and Spybot Search and Destroy. I have updated them and scanned but still no solution. I have also downloaded Superantispyware and tried it, still no solution.

Another issue is whenever I try to enter into my registry, I get a message that my registry has been disabled by the administrator. There after the computer also reboots. I do not want to format this PC because it has many files that I do not have backup on.

Please Help!!

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.