Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Can I retrieve data from my flash or pen drive?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently bought a big flash drive, and put nearly 40,000 files, and ten years work on it :) :) :) . The drive reads as full, but when you open it, it is blank :) :) :( . Can someone please please please please, pretty please tell me if there is any way to either restore the files on th flash drive, or copy them back to the hard drive :) :) . I don't care which as long as I can get the files back :) :) :) ...

Yours very sincerely

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I have had very good luck with BadCopy Pro. It has saved 2 customer's data from flash drives. One time that it did not work was when the flash drive was destroyewd and windows did not even see the drive.

I have learned the hard way to not trust even flash drives for long term storage of data. I use my 4 and 8 gig flash drives for short term storage like saving data from computers i am going to reformat. No matter what happens a good dvd will save you around 4.3 gigs per disk and if kept in good storage will last almost forever. A DVD disk costs maybe 20¢ now so its pretty cheap permanent storage. I still install programs from 6 to 8 years ago on my new computers with CD's i made back then. My Cool Edit 2000 Program still works on Vista and its 8 years old now. I copy it from the cd to hard drives and dvd's even now.