Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND

• Please log in to reply

Pershing

Pershing

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello All....Pershing here,
Short and not to sweet....I turned my laptop on one day and it said "OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND". WIN XP

Please keep in mind it went though the boot process for memory, Ram, Drivers etc. However it STOPS SHORT of going into windows...and screen says " OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND" This happened all of a sudden one day.

Question.....What does this mean? I can take my drive out and view it in another computer, though I cannot go to windows. I was thinking perhaps a line of code or commands got deleted.

Certainly I am looking for a respectfully way to RECOVER from this [bleep]......... and coming BACK to normal or what it should be.....

MY laptop is about 1 year old. Toward the top of the line when I got it.

I would respectfully ask that you e-mail me if you should decide to take a stab at this. In addition, if you may not know the answer, you are welcome to pass this request on.

I have no problem, if one likes. In Calling or being called.

I do look VERY forward to a POSITIVE response.

A GOOD day....Pershing " [email protected] "...It is difficult for me to retrieve message from the board..Thus the request to e-mail to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo..../Laptop_Repair/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email protected]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
do you have a system recovery cd or windows install cd that came with your laptop? Can you boot to that?

Yen

Yen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz:
I had that problem too.... the screen went black and said "system32 file missing, please use the recovery disc".

And this problem keep coming up 5x this year.

i use winXPHome. and a friend of my suggest i use Pro... while that went well for less than a month before the system32 file missing appears again and again.

Yen

Unforgiven

Unforgiven

• Pip
  • 7 posts
It sounds as though you have a loose connection to your hard drive, either that or it is going bad. :tazz: