Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no sound card drivers?

• Please log in to reply

jbmsor

jbmsor

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have reinstalled xp but now i have no sound ,are the drivers deleted?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
does the sound card show up in device manager? Did the sound work before the reinstall? Is this a pci card or on board audio? I would suspect it is a driver issue. If you have the install disk for the hardware, load it from that. If it is on board, the driver is included in the motherboard manufacturers cd. If you don't have these, go to the manufacturer site and get the driver. There is also a good possibility that if you go to windows update and scan, it will find a driver for you. If you don't know who the manufacturer of the hardware is, run belarc advisor. It will tell you.

jbmsor

jbmsor

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
internal sound card,was working ,do not know manufacturer,have motherboard cd.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
the driver for audio should be on the motherboard cd. You may need to check the bios to make sure on board audio is enabled.