Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

boot from atapi cd rom: FAILURE and NTLDR is missing

• Please log in to reply

white chocolate

white chocolate

• Pip
  • 3 posts
basically i was given this computer to see if it couldve been fixed. and somehow the hardrive is set to primary slave and the cd rom is to secondary slave, and i put the DMI cables correct, it turns on and the floppy fails, then it says verifying DMI pool data and then Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM: Failure and NTLDR is missing

help =(

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there, welcome to the forums.

This is a rather common problem, a quick search reveals this link, which may be of some use to yourself:

http://www.geekstogo...ng-t180826.html

Try working through some of those responses, and report back.

Cheers

Troy

white chocolate

white chocolate

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hello and thanks for the link, but unfortunately both the floppy and the cd-rom isnt working
hence the atapu cd-rom: failure popping out
and i get that floppy disk fail (40)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi again,

That's not good news. You will need a working CD-ROM drive and the OS install disc to proceed any further.

Cheers

Troy

white chocolate

white chocolate

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thats the only problem, i have the whole boot from ATAPI CD-ROM: Failure going on and i have the OS disk and everything
i just need the cd-rom to work -.-

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Is this a desktop or notebook computer?

If it's a desktop, they're rather simple to replace. You can pick up a brand new DVD Burner for under $30.

A notebook computer is not as easy, you may be able to find a replacement unit, or you might have to purchase a USB DVD drive if your computer supports booting from USB devices.

Cheers

Troy