Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen of death =(

• Please log in to reply

Thrism

Thrism

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ive searched several times and found nothing like this, so I figured id ask. Pretty much im a gamer. I love games. I play cod4, knight online, lineage 2, crysis, WoW, 2moons, and tons of others. Ive never had quite a problem like the one im now getting.

I downloaded a game called Knight Empire. Whenever I run the game my computer goes into the 'blue screen of death'. I took a screen shot of the summary it gives me as to why it does this. Hopefully someone can help me.

Posted Image
Posted Image

P.S - My computers specs are the following. If anyone has ANY ideas as to whats causing this please let me know.

The computer was a Dell Dimension 5150 before modded
Processor - 3.2ghz processor(intel pentium 4 if that matters)
RAM - 3.25gb(really 4gb but im only running 32bit windows xp)
Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce 7950GT

Edited by Thrism, 21 September 2008 - 08:20 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
That error code is for KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and the first
parameter value indicates that the cause was STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

This error is generally associated with hardware compatibility problems, such as a device driver issue.

It can also be caused by either No ram left, hot gfx card, or a hot cpu.

See if Speedfan will work on your computer and read the temps quickly after running a game for a while.

SRX660

Thrism

Thrism

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image

:/

Id assume thats not bad... So possibly a failure with my hardware?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
It looks like speedfan does not read your motherboard sensors correctly. I would check in the bios( usually hitting the delete key while starting the computer) and find the temp monitors there and see what they say. Maximum temp for the P4 CPU is 78 ° C. The Nvidia card will be similar.

If you are running at near shutdown temps it could cause the errors. What happens if you run a floor fan at ful blast, blowing air into the open side case of the computer? any errors then. Its a easy check to see if temp is the problem.

SRX660

Thrism

Thrism

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

It looks like speedfan does not read your motherboard sensors correctly. I would check in the bios( usually hitting the delete key while starting the computer) and find the temp monitors there and see what they say. Maximum temp for the P4 CPU is 78 ° C. The Nvidia card will be similar.

If you are running at near shutdown temps it could cause the errors. What happens if you run a floor fan at ful blast, blowing air into the open side case of the computer? any errors then. Its a easy check to see if temp is the problem.

SRX660

Well, ive come to the conclusion that its not at near shutdown temperatures. I took 2 floor fans and took the case off my pc. I turned both fans on high and tried, still got the same problem. I couldn't get into bios mode, I also made sure all my windows files were up to date. Any other ideas? :/