Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can Page Backgrounds Spill Off To The Left?

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

I have a website thats built around a table 900 pixels wide. The table is centered and looks great on 17 inch monitors with a resolution of 1024 x 768. On widescreen monitors, however, the white background of the page is a bit much. I have a graphic artist working on a background image for me. He's leaving a 900 pixel gap in the middle of that image for my table to float in. I'm not sure if this will work because I don't think you can have a background image spill off the left side of a screen.

Is it possible? I'm using FrontPage 2003.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Might look into slicing the image in two and use each section as a background for left/right side of page. Just an idea. Background images can not be sized directly except through the image tag and that's not what you want to use.

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Ron:

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I'm so late getting back to you, but I just found your response. I don't get to visit this site nearly as often as I use to. I'm assuming they don't e-mail me when my posts have received responses.

The image I was going to use was merely a pattern of sorts. Instead of using it vertically, I'm going to use it horizontally instead. This way, the image can spill down from the top of the page instead of coming in from the sides. That's the easiest fix for my problem that I can come up with.

At any rate, thanks for the help.

Magus