Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP Clock

• Please log in to reply

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Hey, I have been having some troubles with my clock!

I ran ComboFix quite a long time ago, however my clock is messed up still. I have reset it to the correct format, however my programs are still running by "2008-09-21" format. (yyyy-mm-dd) For an example, my f-secure antivirus automatic updates say that webpage filter was updated 2008-09-16. Is there a way to change it back so that all my programs run by the date setting I want? Day, Month / #, year?

Also, I have that same problem with browsers... Half my programs oepn with Avant, half open with firefox, etc..

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts
Go to START > RUN & type in intl.cpl, then click OK. Under Regional Options, click Customize

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Thanks for your reply. Apparently, the long-form date was how I wanted it. The short-form date was what was confusing me. It appears that some programs use long-form and some use short-form, while others use a mix of both.

Examples: Long-Form Date - Monday, September 22, 2008
Short-Form Date - 2008-09-22/ 22-09-2008