Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan Horse fakealert.bd - how do I remove it?

• Please log in to reply

ihatemylaptop

ihatemylaptop

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
I'm new here and have just read a few posts. I am being bombarded by pop ups saying i must remove malware, desktop icons, i cannot access my computer or any windows programs, and attempting to connect to internet explorer also doesn't work, it just crashes.
I started my laptop in safe mode and ran AVG, it found 8 threats and put them in the vault - all of them saying Trojan Horse FakeAlert.BD. Even in safe mode all windows programs and my computer had disappeared and AVG is turned off, with all the check boxes grayed out so I can't turn it on.
I started it again in normal mode to try and do the 'preliminary bits' as i read on the 'you must read this before you post a log' thread, but I can't access IE so can't download any of that stuff!
I am really frustrated and don't know what to do! :)
Thanks

Advertisements

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Hello ihatemylaptop

Welcome to G2Go. :)
=====================
Do you have a flash drive or a cd that you can download things too to transfer to the other computer?
If so then do the following:
  • Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
  • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)

ihatemylaptop

ihatemylaptop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i downloaded that file onto a CD, and put it into my laptop but i cannot open the contents of the CD as it won't let me access any files or my computer! and it didn't run automatically when i put the CD in...so there's no way for me to open it on my laptop and get the logs back onto the CD to post from this computer...i think it's a lost cause :)

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Do you happen to have a flash drive? or pen drive or other removable media?
If so use that instead.
Even if you don't try to do it from Safe mode and see if the drive opens then.