Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot access Network Computers

• Please log in to reply

jc29ems

jc29ems

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I seem to be experiencing a problem with my home network. I realized I had a problem when I was unable to print from my wireless laptop to a printer connected to my desktop. I tried redoing the XP home network setup without any luck. I am able to ping the two computers by IP address but not by name. Any help anyone is able to provide would be greatly appreciated. The desktop is connected to a Linksys 54G router and the printer is connected to the desktop via the printer port. I get the: MSHome is unaccessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource....

Edited by jc29ems, 21 September 2008 - 06:10 PM.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Here's a check-list that you might want to go through to make sure the network is correctly configured:
  • Check if the printer is shared for the redone network.
  • Make sure that all computers have the same Default Gateway.
  • If you can, log into the router and check the DHCP settings.
  • If the PC you want to print with can ping the PC with the printer on it.

Regards,
Olrik